10am – 4pm
Roots HR CIC will be leading a series of four workshops, exploring how museums can embed a positive approach to Equality and Diversity throughout their Human Resources practice to create an inclusive workplace.
By the end of the first workshop at the Museum of Carpet, Kidderminster delegates will:
- understand what is meant by ‘equality’, ‘diversity’ and ‘inclusion’ within the workplace and the difference between each
- understand the case for equality and diversity in the workplace
- have an awareness of the legal requirements within the area of equality, in particular the Equality Act 2010 and the implications this has on policy development
- understand the key requirements for an effective equality and diversity policy, including scope, responsibilities and reporting concerns
- have an awareness of how to implement and embed an equality and diversity policy
In addition you will receive access to free online resources published after the training including:
- guidance notes
- template outline policy that can be tailored for your museum
Please note that it is recommended that delegates attend all four workshops in the series to gain the best understanding of the content. Subsequent workshops will focus on areas of recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce and these will be held on 4 October, 7 December and 8 February. Full event details and booking information will be published through the West Midlands Museum Development website and newsletter in due course.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided for this FREE event.> Book Now