This event, in partnership with the Collections Trust, will introduce the different equipment, materials and techniques used for marking objects. It will include hands-on activities to put knowledge into practice.
What will you learn?
- The importance of marking objects
- Equipment, materials and techniques for marking different object types:
- Putting together a marking kit
- Health and safety considerations
- Labelling and marking within the context of Accreditation and compliance with the Spectrum standard
Who should attend?
- Museum staff and volunteers involved in collections management and collections care, and who may be required to label objects in their role
- Those who are new to the subject as well as those in need of a refresher
The session will be led by Sarah Brown. Sarah is the face of Collections Trust around the country, and works closely with the Museum Development Network across the English regions to deliver free, Arts Council England-funded events on a range of collections management topics.
A marking and labelling kit will be available to each museum that attends.
This is a free event with lunch and refreshments included.> Book Now