This is the third webinar in a series of three Volunteer Management Development training events from West Midlands Museum Development (WMMD) and Museum Development UK (MDUK).
As a result of attending Developing a Volunteering Strategy, participants will become equipped or underpin skills and knowledge, including and not limited to:
- Volunteer strategy development that is linked to organisational values, vision and goals
Book Developing a Volunteering Strategy
Thursday 17 November 9.30am-1pm
Bookings are being taken by SHARE, which is the Museum Development provider for the East of England. They will share your booking data with WMMD.
Priority will be given to non-NPO and non-National museums which are Accredited or officially Working Towards Accreditation.
This webinar series is being hosted by volunteering consultants and specialists Laura Hamilton and Carol Carbine, who both bring more than 40 years of volunteer management experience in the VCSE sector.
Laura has a strong understanding of volunteer management within small and medium-sized organisations and of working with staff to build volunteer management confidence and capacity. Laura runs a successful consultancy (Laura Hamilton Consulting), with a specialist focus on volunteer engagement and management, and training and mentoring for volunteer managers.
Carol specialises in training/ facilitation and problem-solving/ conflict resolution, working within the overseas aid, animal welfare, disability and heritage sectors. Carol is a qualified NLP Practitioner and offers bespoke training and facilitation through her own consultancy (Carol Carbine Consulting).
The sessions are most suited to groups and organisations that are:
- Open to learning and exploring changes to involving volunteers
- Keen to learn more about and embed inclusive practice into their work with volunteers
- Reviewing their volunteering strategy
All training will be delivered using a webinar format via Zoom.
Bookings close five days before each session date. Participants may book onto one, two, or all three training events.
The other webinars in the series:
Thursday 8 September, 9.30am-1pm
- Reflective practice that leads to sustainable volunteer retention, development and meaningful experiences
Volunteer Recruitment – focusing on inclusive recruitment
Thursday 20 October, 9.30am-1pm
- Designing attractive and diverse volunteer roles whilst considering different approaches to recruitment
- Planning for volunteer recruitment, measuring success, and monitoring and evaluation