Being connected in today’s society is imperative to our organisational success, and with that comes the need to ensure that the connection is digitally inclusive. Digital Inclusion is ensuring that everyone, including disadvantaged groups, has the opportunity to access your organisation virtually and online and is therefore able to participate in, and benefit from, your offer.
Digital inclusive practice is a vital tool in all organisations, no matter what size or budget. It can support you in challenging preconceptions about your service, it can help to attract non-users and it can increase your reputation as an inclusive organisation where people want to work, volunteer and visit.
This 90-minute webinar will support you and your museum in creating good, inclusive content. Disability Collaborative Network (DCN) and EMBED will offer solutions and practical tips for getting ready for the post-lockdown world including making content accessible, working with web developers and digital designers, planning content that reaches shielded people, and making changes which are low cost or free and reflective of any budgetary constraints at this time.
This webinar will cover key areas:
- Understanding the value of digital inclusion
- Exploring the barriers to digital inclusion
- Considering the roles and responsibilities of managers and employees
- Practical advice, tools and tips for embedding digital inclusion in your online offer
- Planning and delivery of online content including key information for your facilities and services
- Working with web designers and developers
- Highlighting the importance of implementing measures of success
Delegates can expect:
- Engaging and energetic session
- Practical tools and techniques and take away to support inclusion within the museum
- An accessible session for people with varying digital experience
This webinar will be live subtitled and is limited to a maximum two delegates per organisation.
All participants who book on to the webinar will receive an email containing a Zoom link to access the training at least one hour prior to the event. If you have not received an email by this time please contact us. Don’t worry you do not need a Zoom account, simply follow the link provided and enter the password.
Priority will be given to delegates from non-NPO and non-National museums in the West Midlands which are Accredited or officially Working Towards Accreditation.
If the booking button isn’t visible the webinar is fully booked. If you want to join the waiting list email firstname.lastname@example.org
10.30am-12noon, 26 August – Digital Access and Inclusion for your Visitors: producing content
> Book Now