Would you like your museum to be more welcoming of children, young people and families?
West Midlands Museum Development is offering the opportunity for eight museums to receive a free Kids in Museums Family Friendly Museum Audit.
An undercover family and an experienced Kids in Museums consultant will review everything from the café and ticket desk to your interpretation alongside any spaces or displays aimed at children and families.
Following the visit you will receive a report highlighting existing areas of good practice and a simple cost-effective action plan for areas for improvement.
To get involved come along to our training day where you will be able to review where you are as an organisation and gather some top tips and inspiration to develop your offer for this audience. You will also have the opportunity to visit MiniBrum, Thinktanks major new interactive gallery for under 8s.
This event is open to staff and volunteers within Accredited museums or those Working Towards. Please note attendance is essential if you wish to apply for the Family Friendly Museum Audit.
This day will help delegates to:
- explore how your work fits into the local and national context
- use the Kids in Museums Manifesto as a framework to reflect on what your organisation offers and where you can develop your work
- pick up low and no cost tips for improving your provision
- hear case studies about how museums have embedded the Kids in Museums Manifesto and run Takeover Day
- discover how Takeover Day and Teen Digital Takeover can be used to pilot new work
- find out about a range of resources to support your work
- create an action plan in order to take your work forward
17 October – How to be a Family Friendly Museum Training Day
10.30am-4pm, Thinktank, Millennium Point, Curzon Street, Birmingham B4 7XG