10am – 11am Project Grants presentation
11.10am to 1.30pm One to one appointments from
Grants of £1,000 – £100,000 available
Accredited museums are able to apply to Arts Council England National Lottery Project Grants to deliver museum based activities. Museum projects should be focused on museum practice. In other words, a museum’s collections, or other activities linked to its core mission or developing the museum or staff expertise.
Would you like to act on recommendations resulting from a WMMD project? Is there something your organisation is keen to progress but can’t through lack of funds and resources? A Project Grant may be the answer.
With grants available from £1k to £100k you can expect a decision in just six weeks for applications up to £15k and a decision in only 12 weeks for applications up to £100k.
Come along and hear a short presentation about the scheme. Book a 20 minute one to one appointment with Wendy Parry, Relationship Manager Museums, Arts Council England to discuss a potential project in more detail. Appointments must be booked in advance and will be allocated on a first come first served basis by emailing email@example.com.
Things to Consider:
- Can you evidence the need or demand for your project? How?
- Think about what it is you want to do and why you want to do it. What do you want to get out of your project and how will you deliver it? Can you describe it in one sentence?
- Think about who your audience is and what you want them to take away from your project. How will they know about your project and why will they want to be a part of it?
- Project grants are typically awards of between £1,000 and £100,000 and can fund up to a maximum of 90% of the cost of a project, meaning that at least 10% of the cost must come from other sources
- Working with other people or organisations can be an important part of managing your project. If you need to do this to deliver your project, have you thought about who they are and how they will be involved?
- Think about the different stages involved in delivering your project, from planning to delivery and evaluation, as well as how your start date might be affected by ACE’s decision turnaround times
- Make sure that you have a profile on Grantium, ACE’s online application portal as all applications must be made through Grantium
John Lewis Community Hub, Grand Central, Birmingham B2 4AU> Book Now