This two day training programme, on 4 and 5 February at Shrewsbury Museum and Art Gallery, is based around a model – the Systems Model – which is especially suitable for ‘messy’ problems and situations. The programme covers all the key skill and knowledge areas for planning and managing projects. Much of the work is based around case studies and real life projects and covers the hard and soft skills you need to make projects successful.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- scope out projects more effectively for better results
- set measurable success criteria
- use project management tools to gain control over projects
- assess and respond to risk
- identify and prioritise stakeholders
- monitor and evaluate projects
- emphasises how you as a manager or team member can help your team to work through projects
- draws on different learning experiences – there is a strong emphasis on action based learning and reflection
- introduces you to major project planning tools including Gantt charts and Work Breakdown Structures
We will be working on real projects so please come with a project in mind. This can be a project you are currently managing, a recent project or a project idea that you would like to develop.
This training is delivered by Management Centre =mc. Priority will be given to delegates from Accredited museums and those officially Working Towards Accreditation and to non-NPO museums.
Tea and coffee will be provided and the museum has an excellent café where you’ll be able to purchase lunch.
4 and 5 February 2019
9am – 5pm, Shrewsbury Museum and Art Gallery, Market Street, Shrewsbury SY1 1LG