The first workshop in a series of four, Roots HR CIC will be exploring the role of museums to embed Equality and Diversity within their workplace, including their legal responsibilities. Roots HR specialise in working with social sector organisations such as charities and voluntary organisations. These events are suitable for anyone involved in the management or recruitment of paid staff or volunteers.
This workshop from 10am – 4pm at Museum of Carpet, Kidderminster DY10 1AZ will explore Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in the workplace, and how this relates to volunteers. Delegates will gain an understanding of how volunteers are protected by equality law, the responsibilities they have for what volunteers do when representing the museum and how they might promote equality and diversity through volunteer recruitment and management.
By the end of this workshop delegates will:
- Understand what we mean by “equality”, “diversity” and “inclusion” within the workplace and the difference between each
- Understand the protection volunteers have in equality law
- Understand the benefits of equality and diversity in volunteering
- Have an awareness of how to promote equality and diversity in volunteering including recruiting and managing volunteers
- Understand their responsibility for what their volunteers do
In addition you will receive access to free online resources published after the training including:
- Guidance notes
- Template Volunteer Agreement that can be tailored for your museum
Refreshments and lunch will be provided at this free event.
Dates for the other three workshops: 14 November, 7 December and 8 February> Book Now