Roots HR CIC will be exploring the role of museums to embed Equality and Diversity within their workplace, including their legal responsibilities.
Roots HR specialise in working with social sector organisations such as charities and voluntary organisations. These events are suitable for anyone involved in the management or recruitment of paid staff or volunteers.
This workshop from 10am – 4pm at Shrewsbury Museum and Art Gallery will explore best practice in recruitment and selection processes to ensure that your organisation appoints the best applicants.
By the end of this workshop delegates will:
- Understand what is meant by merit-based recruitment and selection
- Understand the benefits of merit-based selection including for equality, diversity and inclusion
- Understand the law relating to recruitment and selection, and what this means in practice
- Receive practical tips and guidance on attraction and selection including: attracting a more diverse range of candidates; how to prepare for interviews (including questioning techniques); an awareness of types of selection tests; how to deliver interviews; how to assess candidates in selection situations
In addition you will receive access to free online resources published after the training including:
- Guidance notes
- Template outline policy that can be tailored for your museum
- Template application form that can be tailored for your museum
- Template job description and person specification
- Do’s and don’ts of recruitment and selection document
Refreshments and lunch will be provided at this free event.> Book Now