Are you a ‘champion’ of people?
Would you like to ‘champion’ your museum to a more diverse audience?
Do you have the desire and commitment to create meaningful change?
West Midlands Museum Development is working with Equality and Diversity UK Ltd to launch a second round of the Diversity Champions’ Scheme for Accredited museums in the West Midlands region.
We are looking for up to 10 people with the skills and enthusiasm to explore, develop and champion the business, moral and ethical benefits of embedding inclusive practices across all aspects of museum life. Participants can be paid staff, volunteers or Trustees; the only pre-requisite is that you are willing to learn, genuinely interested and committed to sharing and promoting ideas with colleagues.
To apply for the scheme you will need to complete the Application Form. We would encourage you to read the Champion Role Specification before completing the application to ensure that you understand the role, time commitment and other requirements.
Please submit applications by 5pm, Friday 30 June.
Benefits to you and your museum:
- Personal career development
- Increased awareness of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Professional support, mentoring and networking
- Development of action plans with professional advice and guidance
- Activity will support applications to funders
- Will help to address requirements in Arts Council England’s ‘Creative Case for Diversity’
- Increase audience footfall