A is for Arts Council England, B is for Borrowing, C is for Capital Funding!
Getting ready to borrow is as simple as ABC with the Ready to Borrow Capital Grant Scheme.
WMMD is delighted to announce the final round of the Arts Council Ready to Borrow Capital Grant Scheme. Museums are invited to apply for up to £50,000 to support them in meeting the collections care and security standards required to borrow from National Museums and Major Partner Museums.
Your museum could join the 11 museums from the region which have already benefitted from this scheme. £56.3k is available and typically museums bid for between £12k and £50k.
Successful applicants to date include:
- Bewdley Museum’s grant of £37.9k was for improvements to their buildings. The museum is currently working with Museums Sheffield for a loan in 2019.
- Brampton Museum successfully applied for £12.4k to purchase new cases and improve security arrangements in the temporary exhibition gallery. A loan from the V&A has been agreed for 2018 following these improvements.
- Winterbourne House and Garden were granted £28k for improvements to one of their galleries in preparation for a loan in 2019 from the V&A
- The Ready to Borrow scheme is open to Accredited museums and those officially Working Towards Accreditation in the West Midlands
- Please read the guidance notes and contact your MDO or Helen Johnson before 30 November 2017
- Completed the application form and submit by 5pm Wednesday 24 January 2018 to email@example.com
- Successful applicants will be notified by 14 February 2018