Evaluation of the West Midlands Museum Development Programme 2015-2018
Summary of activities
There has been a wide range of activities over the three years, with the highlights being:
- The annual conference reached 170 people in the first year, 186 in the second and 107 in the third (a one day rather than two day conference) with a further 10 watching via online streaming
- 22 events reaching 161 people in the first year, 37 events reaching 400+ in the second and 36 reaching 500+ in the third
- 12 Museums participating in the Expert Eye programme over three years
- 30 museums participating in the Mystery Shopper programme over three years
- 33 small grants awarded over three years
- 33 museums participating in Access Audits over three years
- 14 Diversity Champions trained and supported
- In addition, 13 museums received grants through Ready to Borrow and Small Capital Grant Scheme
The team is thrilled that Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust has been successful in its application to ACE to deliver the Museum Development programme for 2018 – 2022.
Arts Council England (ACE) announced a £24 million investment in museums as part of their National Portfolio in the Midlands. A full list of organisations can be found here. Congratulations to all West Midlands museums who have joined the portfolio.
So over to you…
If you have any specific training needs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.
Banner Image © Lee Allen Photography