Primary Role – Cafe Volunteer
• This is a visitor facing role that would suit someone who enjoys engaging with the public and creating a friendly and welcoming environment.
• To be one of a team of volunteers led by the Café Manager who provide refreshments for visitors and volunteers.
• Vacancies for café staff exist for all occasions when the Museum is open to the public. This may be on a Tuesday and/or a on family open day/special event of which there are around 12 every year (on a Sunday or bank holiday). Volunteers may prefer to attend for all or part of an opening (minimum commitment 2 hours).
Responsibilities and Duties
• Preparing and serving hot and cold drinks
• Preparing and serving snacks
• Keeping the serving counter and kitchen preparation areas clean
• Cleaning and clearing away café tables.
• By agreement, to assist in the museum shop and/or on the entrance desk.
• This would suit someone with a friendly personality, clear communication skills and a willingness to contribute to the overall visitor experience.
Knowledge and Experience
• Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate is required – training for this will be funded by the museum.
Further information can be obtained from the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org> Apply Now