Visitor Welcome Volunteers join the Shakespeare Houses Operations team to help create a wonderful experience for their global audiences. Volunteers may welcome visitors to the sites, explain the ticket booking process or check visitors tickets as they enter, or engage in conversation with visitors about the Shakespeare family homes including the gardens and wider grounds.
What will they be doing?
● Safely welcoming visitors to the sites
● Explaining the ticket booking process to prospective visitors
● Assisting with checking visitors’ tickets as they enter the sites
● Engaging in conversation with visitors about the sites
● Being within the open areas of the properties to engage with visitors about the garden,
house and site
● Answering any questions visitors may have
● Providing visitors with information about other SBT sites and events (current and
● Monitoring the safety of the exhibits and visitors
● Assisting in the evacuation of the sites if needed