Accreditation Mentors provide invaluable access to professional advice for small, volunteer run museums across the UK. Without Accreditation Mentors, many museums wouldn’t be able to participate in the Accreditation Scheme.
Could you help a small, volunteer run museum to flourish?
Accreditation Mentoring is a fantastic opportunity for:
- Professional career development
- Gaining insight into the challenges and opportunities facing volunteer run museums today
- Building a network of peer support with other Accreditation Mentors
- Strengthening your understanding of the Accreditation Scheme
Want to learn more?
This workshop, hosted by West Midlands Museum Development and Museum Development East Midlands, is aimed at established Accreditation Mentors, those new to mentoring and colleagues interested in becoming mentors.
Join mentors and potential mentors from across the Midlands for:
- a refresher/ introduction to the Accreditation Mentor role
- an opportunity to catch up on recent Museum Accreditation developments
- networking to meet other mentors and share insight into the role
We will cover how to make the most of your mentoring experience, how to support museums with Museum Accreditation applications and returns, the mentor annual review, and compiling the mentor report. There will be plenty of opportunity to meet other mentors and share experiences.
This interactive online workshop is hosted by Accreditation Advisers Olivia Basterfield and Heather Lomas. We are delighted to welcome Emma Griffiths, Arts Council Relationship Manager, Museum Accreditation (Midlands) who will provide an ACE update and a mentor Q&A.
This event will be auto captioned.
If you would benefit from live captioning or any other form of access support, please answer ‘yes’ to the access requirements question on the booking form and email the WMMD team as early as possible stating the support you require.
All participants will receive an email containing a Zoom link to the training prior to the event. The email will be sent to the email address used for booking. If you have not received an email the day before the event please contact us.
Accreditation Mentor Workshop: Introduction and refresher
Thursday 20 October, 10am-12.30pm