What is a small WMMD grant?
Museums may apply for grants of £500-£3,000 for audience development projects. Although this is a very competitive grant your museum should still apply and if you are unsure please contact your Museum Development Officer for further information.
Applicant organisations must hold Full Accreditation, Provisional Accreditation or be formally working towards Accreditation in order to be eligible to apply for this grant. We may draw upon Accreditation records with your permission.
Please note Major Partner Museums are not eligible to apply.
What will the grant fund?
Museums may apply for grants of £500-£3,000 for audience development projects which help museums:
- Better understand who their visitors and non-users are
- Evaluate and analyse information to assess visitors’ needs
- Inspire engagement with harder to reach groups
- Improve the culture of customer care through staff and volunteer training
- Improve access to buildings, services and facilities
- Respond to tourism and local priorities where appropriate
- Implement projects to increase fundraising opportunities
- Develop cross cultural activities
- Create accessible marketing and promotional activities aimed at visitors and potential visitors
We especially welcome applications for audience development projects that will help museums to engage with new groups and encourage more equality and diversity.
Please read the guidance notes carefully to ensure your proposals meet the criteria.
Deadline for applications
This grant for 2016-2017 is now closed.
Look out for updates on our Small Grant Scheme by signing up to our newsletter at the bottom of this page.