This self-contained day course, organised jointly by National Life Stories at the British Library and the Oral History Society, is an informal and practical introduction to oral history interviewing with an opportunity to handle recording equipment and discuss some of the issues around oral history, life stories and memory.
Training day programme
- What is oral history? Understanding memory
- Getting started: Aims and objectives, who to interview, question approaches
- Choosing your recording equipment
- The interview: dos and don’ts, practice interview
- After the interview: Summarising, transcription, copyright, archiving
No previous experience of oral history is required. To book your place visit the OHS website.
5 March – An Introduction to Oral History
10am-5.30pm Black Country Living Museum, Tipton Road, Dudley DY1 4SQ