As we look ahead to potential reopening, WMMD is working in partnership with Welcome to Excellence to offer a series of short online training sessions on how to offer exceptional customer service in these extraordinary times.
The programme will draw from ‘Exceeding Visitor Expectations’ and ‘Welcoming Everyone’, covering a refresher on excellent customer service skills, with added focus on how to create a great visitor experience whilst maintaining Covid-19 safety standards.
The objectives of the sessions are to:
- Offer a series of engaging and informative online training sessions which will help to maintain and improve customer service standards
- Support museum front of house teams in handling challenging conversations and situations around maintaining new safety standards – both on the phone/at booking stage, and face to face
- Discuss the changing demographics of visitors due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and how best to meet the needs of this new visitor mix
- Help equip teams with the knowledge and confidence to handle feedback and pass it on constructively to senior teams
- Ensure that museums are continuing their focus on accessibility, including how to overcome some of the new challenges to accessibility presented by current restrictions and procedures
Session 1: Exceeding Expectations
Tuesday 20 April 10am-12noon via Zoom
This session will look at:
- Understanding visitor expectations
- Booking and pre-arrival
- Welcome and first impressions
- Engaging visitors and building confidence
Pre-course activity for each session will be sent to attendees in advance.
Follow-up support (email and phone): any attendees are able to contact the trainer with follow-up questions/to request further advice.
Other sessions available:
- Handling Challenges, Wednesday 28 April 10am-12n00n via Zoom
- Welcoming Everyone, Wednesday 12 May 10am-12noon via Zoom
You do not need to attend all three sessions but places at each session will be limited to two delegates per organisation. Priority will be given to delegates from non-NPO and non-National museums in the West Midlands which are Accredited or officially Working Towards Accreditation.
All participants will receive an email containing a Zoom link to the training at least two hours prior to the event. If you have not received an email by this time please contact us. You don’t need a Zoom account, simply follow the link provided and enter the password.
Tuesday 20 April 10am – 12noon Exceeding Expectations via Zoom
If the booking button isn’t visible the webinar is fully booked. If you want to join the waiting list email firstname.lastname@example.org> Book Now