Good collections documentation enables use of your collections and ensures that your museum is properly accountable for the collections it holds.
West Midlands Museum Development (WMMD) is partnering with Museum Development East Midlands (MDEM) and Collections Trust to deliver Getting Your House In Order, a programme of seven workshops across 23/24 to support you in ensuring that your collections documentation is well managed.
This is the fifth workshops in the series and will explore the Spectrum 5.1 procedures for borrowing and lending objects:
- Loans In – managing objects you borrow for a fixed period of time and for a specific purpose
- Loans Out – assessing requests for you to lend your objects and managing the lending process until loans are returned to you
We will review the policy considerations, requirements, and guidance for both procedures, discussing how this is approached by attendees.
There will opportunities to discuss with colleagues, ask questions throughout and submit questions in advance.
By the end of the session, delegates will:
- Understand the role of the Spectrum standard, and its supporting guidance, in relation to museum Accreditation
- Understand policy considerations for borrowing and lending
- Understand the Spectrum requirements for Loans In and Loans Out
- Know where to find more information and guidance
Before the session:
- Think about how you do things in your museum, referring to your museum’s policy and procedures related to borrowing and lending collections. You might also find it useful to have these with you to refer to during the session
- Please check that you have a working microphone, for discussions
Getting Your House In Order – Loans In and Loans Out
Tuesday 23 January 2024, 2PM-4PM
If you can’t see the booking button, this event is fully booked. To join the waiting list please email email@example.com