This session will be led by television journalist Sarah Bishop who has worked as a regular reporter and newsreader for BBC Midlands Today in the West Midlands region.
During a packed four hours we will consider:
- What to expect from difference news genres (different treatments for press/radio/TV/online news)
- How to choose the right outlet and adapting the offer to the opportunity
- Jargon busting: what is a ‘down-the-line?’, an ‘as-live?’, a ‘package?’ a ‘NIB?’
- How to get your message across – being creative and the importance of the right language and tone
- Future media opportunities and campaigns
This is the second workshop in a series of four under the banner of ‘In the Spotlight’. Tea and coffee will be provided at this free event.
Priority will be given to delegates from non-NPO museums which are Accredited or officially Working Towards Accreditation. Maximum of one delegate per museum.
17 April In the Spotlight: Handling the Media
9.45am-2pm, Museum Resource Centre, Hereford HR4 0AS
Please book using the button below. If the button’s not there it means we are now fully booked. If you’d like to join the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the course.> Book Now