This event is an introduction to volunteer recruitment and management, aimed at developing participant’s confidence and knowledge.
By the end of the training, participants will:
- Understand what makes a meaningful volunteer experience and have reflected on key trends and research into volunteer engagement
- Understand the importance of the volunteer journey and have reflected on the strengths and weaknesses of the current volunteer journey within their museum
- Understand how to plan for volunteer recruitment including considering the needs and aspirations of potential new volunteers and the importance of getting the current team on board
- Be able to design attractive and diverse volunteer roles, which offer flexible and rewarding options for engagement
- Have considered a range of approaches to volunteer recruitment, including those that can increase diversity and inclusion
- Understand how to identify key communities that they want to engage with and a variety of approaches to reach them – for example, through effective partnership working, targeted recruitment and marketing
This event is suitable for people new to volunteer management, and those wishing to refresh their knowledge and understanding of current good practice.
West Midlands Museum Development is working with Carol Carbine and Laura Hamilton to bring you these two Volunteer Management workshops.
About the trainers
Carol is a specialist in volunteer management, mentoring and conflict resolution with over 25 years’ experience in the field. During that time, she has worked for local, regional and national charities across a variety of sectors including heritage, disability, animal welfare and international aid. She has led and managed volunteers across a number of disciplines including fundraising, service delivery, advice and support, research, visitor experience.
Laura is a specialist in volunteer engagement and volunteer management, with over 20 years’ experience working in this field. Her background includes working for both volunteer involving and volunteer infrastructure organisations. Since 2017 she has worked as a freelance consultant; supporting organisations to establish, grow and develop volunteering and delivering training, learning and mentoring for volunteer managers.
Maximum two delegates per organisation. Priority will be given to delegates from non-NPO and non-National museums in the West Midlands which are Accredited or officially Working Towards Accreditation.
This event will be auto-captioned through Zoom. If you would benefit from any other form of access support, including live captioning, please answer ‘yes’ to the access requirements question on the booking form and email the WMMD team as early as possible stating the support you require.
All participants will receive an email containing a Zoom link to the training prior to the event. The email will be sent to the email address used for booking. If you have not received an email the day before the event please contact us.
Volunteer Recruitment and Management
Friday 2 February 2024, 9.30am-1pm
Optional Q&A 1-1.30pm
If you can’t see the booking button, this event is fully booked. To join the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org> Book Now