This one day training course is aimed at volunteers undertaking visitor-facing roles in West Midlands museums who want to increase confidence and skills, in order to deliver excellent customer service.
All participants will have the opportunity to gain a City and Guilds Level 2 Award through taking a multiple choice assessment paper at the end of the training day.
Exceeding Visitor Expectations will help participants to:
- identify what your attraction and the area where you work has to offer
- understand who your visitors are and what they need and expect
- meet, manage and, whenever possible, exceed visitor expectations
- welcome visitors from all sections of the community and provide an accessible service
- communicate successfully with visitors
- use product/destination knowledge to provide information and advice in an inspiring way
- deal effectively with challenging situations
- act as an ambassador for your attraction and local area
Tourism South East will combine the expertise of VisitEngland’s Visitor Attraction Quality Scheme and the experience of the renowned Welcome to Excellence training programmes to deliver ‘Exceeding Visitor Expectations’.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Priority will be given to volunteers from non-NPO West Midlands museums which are Accredited or officially Working Towards Accreditation. Maximum of two delegates per museum.
Click on the button below to book your place, if there is no button this event is fully booked. If you wish to be added to the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the event.
29 January 2020 – Volunteers: ‘Exceeding Visitor Expectations’
9.15am-5pm, The Cut Conference Centre, Shropshire Wildlife Trust, Shrewsbury SY2 6AH