Art Fund has announced additional funding supporting museums and galleries through reopening and beyond. This includes:
- £1.5m Respond and Reimagine Grants The grants might help organisations identify works at risk; ensure works or objects related to the pandemic are collected or commissioned; or support previously planned exhibitions to take place. They might support the improvement of digital skills and help raise income through digital, build staff confidence and adaptability, cover practical costs associated with re-opening, and preserve museum roles. The grants may also support museums unable to access sufficient public funding to prevent immediate insolvency.
- New strategic partnerships designed to help reach smaller museums at serious risk
- A £280,000 partnership with the Museum Development Network will distribute additional grants prioritising museums who have not yet received public funding and smaller museums fulfilling specific cultural or local needs
- £150,000 will be provided in seed funding for the newly established Museums and Galleries Network for Exhibition Touring to support an ambitious programme for co-curated, collections-based exhibitions to tour nationally
- £35,000 collaboration with Clore Leadership will support sector professionals to build skills, competencies and connections now and into the future
Its existing programme will also be bolstered with an additional £250,000 made available. Art Fund also has several free digital services available to support museums with ticketing, crowdfunding and audience engagement including Art Tickets and Art Happens.
Read the Art Fund press release in full.