The West Midlands Museum Development (WMMD) Conference 2019 takes place on Thursday 28 March at Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust.
Why should you attend the WMMD conference?
- One amazing talk ‘Shropshire Pit Girls’ – Georgina Grant, Senior Curator, Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust will share the stories of the hardy women of the Shropshire mining community
- Two thought provoking speakers – Tony Berry, Visitor Experience Director, National Trust and Samuel Kasumu, Managing Director, Inclusive Boards.
- Three ‘everything you need to know’ presentations – National Lottery Heritage Fund, Arts Council England Project Grants and Accreditation
- Four practical and stimulating workshops
- Five sector partner surgeries
- Six fabulous WMMD team members waiting to welcome you
When booking, please select either the full conference option which includes the Shropshire Pit Girls talk and a networking evening reception or the daytime option (finishing around 5pm).
Funded by Arts Council England (ACE), the conference brings together the region’s museums, art galleries and heritage sites to network, share news and best practice from within and outside the heritage sector.
The conference is FREE and includes refreshments, lunch and evening reception. Delegates will be sent further information approximately two weeks before the event.
Thursday 28 March, 9.30am – 6.30pm
Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust, Coalbrookdale, Shropshire TF8 7DQ