Museum Freelance ran a poll from 12-30 November, to identify the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on freelancers working with museums, galleries, heritage sites, libraries and archives.
Headline findings based on 305 responses include:
- 78% of respondents have seen drop in income March to October 2020 compared to the same period in 2019 as a result of Covid-19
- 52% have had one or more projects/contracts cancelled
- 63% have had one or more projects/contracts postponed
- 53% haven’t been eligible for the government’s SEISS (Self-Employment Income Support Scheme)
- 67% have had to find alternative sources of income (including using savings, borrowing, receiving a grant)
- 37% are going to look for or start freelance work outside the cultural/heritage sector in the next six months
Read the full report here.