As the Accreditation Scheme continues its phased reopening, West Midlands Museum Development (WMMD) is offering a series of bookable, one-to-one Accreditation online surgeries.
These hour-long surgeries are the ideal opportunity to seek tailored advice from Olivia Basterfield, WMMD’s Accreditation lead, including:
- Discussing progress on action points from your previous assessment
- Demystifying the assessment process and what to expect
- Unpicking specific requirements you’re concerned about
- Discussing changes at your museum you think might impact on your Accreditation status
- Preparing for an upcoming online site visit
Slots are available on Wednesday 20 October, Wednesday 17 November and Wednesday 15 December.
This opportunity is available to museums based in the West Midlands region.
Olivia is the Museum Development Officer (MDO) for Birmingham and the Black County, leading on the Accreditation and Resilience strands of the programme. She joined WMMD in May 2020 after eight years at Arts Council England, including over three years as an Assessor with the Accreditation Team and two years as Relationship Manager for Visual Arts. In her Assessor role she completed over 250 Accreditation assessments for museums of all shapes and sizes across England.