Apply for £500 – £5,000
The Reset Grant is part of the West Midlands Museum Development Programme (WMMD), funded by Arts Council England (ACE) with additional funding from Art Fund continuing the successful partnership and collaborative response between Art Fund and MDUK to the Coronavirus pandemic started in 2020.
The Reset Grants aim to support museum to develop and use their collections in new ways, engage audiences, and/ or build organisational resilience following the impact of the Covid-19 crisis.
WMMD is committed to its role in developing an inclusive sector. We will prioritise funding for activity which seeks to improve representation within the organisation, the work it produces and the audiences it engages.
Museums can apply for £500 to £5,000.
The deadline for applications is 9am, Monday 8 August 2022.
We are pleased to offer a small number of 1:1 bid writing support with Jenni Waugh to help you prepare your application. These are available on a first come first served basis. To book a session please email email@example.com.
- The Reset Grant will support Accredited museums or those formally Working Towards Accreditation in the West Midlands
- Museums who have previously received a Recovery Grant from WMMD are eligible to apply providing their final report has been submitted.
- Museums with an open Recovery Grant award through WMMD which is expected to finish after 8 August 2022 are not eligible to apply.
- National Portfolio Organisations and National museums are not eligible to apply
- We will prioritise applications from small to medium sized museums (museums with fewer than 50,000 visitors per annum) that are located in areas of low cultural engagement, where the museum is the main cultural offer in a locality, and/ or where museums that have niche collections outside the larger city institutions.
- Areas of low cultural engagement include Arts Council England’s (ACE) Priority Places and Levelling Up for Culture Places. Visit the ACE website, here, for further information.
- We encourage applicants to carefully consider the value of their grant requested in order that the available funding may support as many museums as possible
We strongly recommend that you discuss your application with a member of the WMMD team before you submit it