DCMS is pleased to announce that the VAT Refund Scheme for museums and galleries has now reopened for applications. The latest guidance for museums looking to apply can be found here.
Museums may request an application form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to apply, museums must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be open to the general public for at least 30 hours per week, without exception
- Offer free entry, without prior appointment
- Hold collections in a purpose-built building
- Display details of free entry and opening hours on the museum or gallery website
Museums and galleries will also be required to complete a strategic business case as part of the application process, which must include:
- Proof of Arts Council England Accredited status (or equivalent)
- Past and/ or projected visitor figures
- Information on existing and planned education programmes and community engagement work
Applications will close at 5pm, Thursday 5 January 2023. Museums may direct any enquires they have about the scheme to email@example.com.