WMMD is excited to announce the launch of a new Volunteers Recruitment Campaign. Watch the campaign film ‘Volunteering is for you‘
We’d like to say a huge thank you to all of the volunteers and staff who have contributed their time, experience, photos, videos and interviews to the campaign development.
About the campaign
The Volunteers Recruitment Campaign will support you to showcase and promote the wide range of volunteering opportunities in your museum and the wider region and aims to encourage more people to volunteer in West Midlands museums. The campaign film signposts viewers to opportunities on the WMMD Volunteers Portal.
How can your museum get involved?
- Request a copy of the Volunteer Recruitment Toolkit from the WMMD website
- Download the films and graphics using the links in the toolkit and share the films across your social media channels
- Use the toolkit guidance to generate social media content and reach new audiences
- Encourage your colleagues, stakeholders, supporters and visitors to share your volunteer recruitment posts on social media
- Download the posters and display at your venue to promote volunteering to your visitors
- Keep adding your Opportunities to the WMMD Volunteers Portal throughout the year – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
The toolkit includes:
- Links to download ‘Volunteering is for you’ film – available in various formats suited to different social media networks
- Best practice tips and guidance to develop your use of social media – for beginners through to experts
- Ready-made graphics to download
- Content suggestions for social media posts
- Posters to promote volunteering opportunities on site in your museum
If you’re not feeling confident on social media and would like some expert help, or want to try something new online using the Volunteers Recruitment Social Media Toolkit, WMMD is also offering a small number of 1:1 sessions with toolkit creators Social For Good. Spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis to Accredited or Working Towards Accreditation museums in the West Midlands. Contact email@example.com for more information.