West Midlands Museum Development is delighted to announce details of its fourth annual conference taking place on 28 March at Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust, Coalbrookdale.
Funded by Arts Council England (ACE), the conference brings together the region’s museums, art galleries and heritage sites to network, share news and best practice from within and outside the heritage sector.
Sarah Bishop, broadcaster and former BBC Midlands Today presenter and reporter
- Tony Berry, Visitor Experience Director, National Trust. ‘Growing the Love’ Tony will share what the National Trust has learned about building support for properties both large and small.
- Samuel Kasumu, Managing Director, Inclusive Boards. Samuel will discuss the strong business case for diversity; how understanding your starting point and collecting meaningful data enables you to plan development and measure success.
- New five year framework for the National Lottery Heritage Fund – Peter Morgan, National Lottery Heritage Fund
- Revised Accreditation Standard and what it means for you – Annette French, ACE Accreditation
- Funding stream for museum projects – Wendy Parry, ACE
Our workshops will explore…
- Mental Health in Museums – Debbie Shipton and Cara Sutherland, HSG
- Engaging with Young People – Anna Chrystal, Lapworth Museum of Geology and Jen Ridding, The Barber Institute of Fine Arts
- Energy Efficiency – Carbon Trust
- Commissioning Contemporary Artists – Stephanie Allen, Arts and Heritage
This will be followed by an evening reception concluding at 6.30pm.
With plenty of opportunities to network, surgeries available with sector partners including ACE Project Grants, Culture24, Collections Trust, Accreditation, The Audience Agency, Kids in Museums and West Midlands Emerging Museum Professionals this is a key date for your 2019 diary.
The conference is FREE and includes refreshments, lunch and evening reception.
When booking, please select either the full conference option which includes the networking evening reception (finishing at 6.30pm) or the daytime option (finishing around 5pm).
28 March 2019 – Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust, Coalbrookdale, Telford TF8 7DQ
Registration from 9.30am
A limited number of travel bursaries are available, click here to find out more.