£26k available through 2021 Recovery Grant Scheme
The Recovery Grant is part of the West Midlands Museum Development Programme (WMMD), funded by Arts Council England (ACE) with additional funding from Art Fund building on the successful partnership and collaborative response to the Coronavirus pandemic in 2020.
The Recovery Grants will support museums with re-building their offer and organisational strength in response to the impact of the Covid-19 crisis.
WMMD is committed to its role in developing an inclusive sector. We will prioritise funding for activity which seeks to improve representation within the organisation, the work it produces and the audiences it engages.
Museums can apply for £500 to £5,000.
The deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday 5 November 2021.
- The Recovery Grant will support Accredited museums or those formally Working Towards Accreditation in the West Midlands
- Museums who have previously received a Recovery Grant from WMMD are eligible to apply providing their final report has been submitted.
- Museums with an open grant award through WMMD which is expected to finish after 5 August 2021 are not eligible to apply.
- National Portfolio Organisations and National museums are not eligible to apply
- We will prioritise applications from museums who have not been awarded Cultural Recovery Funding (CRF) and are located in areas of low cultural engagement, where the museum is the main cultural offer in a locality, and/or where museums that have niche collections outside the larger city institutions
- We encourage applicants to carefully consider the value of their grant requested in order that the available funding may support as many museums as possible
- We strongly recommend that you discuss your application with your Museum Development Officer before you submit it