The West Midlands Museum Development programme (WMMD) is seeking a freelance individual, agency, or team to create five short film case studies detailing how five museums have used West Midlands Museum Development support to work towards the Arts Council England (ACE) Investment Principles (IPs):
Each film will include:
- An interview with staff/volunteers/trustees talking about their museum
- About the museum
- What challenges the museum faced
- What support WMMD provided the museum
- What the result of the support was
- How the museum might work differently in future
- Filming the museum venue itself
- Maximum 5 minutes per film case study
- Closed captions
WMMD will work in partnership with the successful applicant to plan and design the content and messaging of the films. The films will be published on the WMMD website.
WMMD are seeking candidates with the following experience and expertise:
- Filmmaking: Experience planning and producing high quality short, engaging informational films
- Developing a narrative for short films
- Conducting film interviews
- Filming on location
- Editing and post production
- Accessibility: Experience creating film content in accessible formats
- Project management: Proven project management skills, with a track record of developing and delivering projects to plan, on time and within budget
- Communication: Excellent communication skills with the ability to facilitate and work with a variety of stakeholders
*WMMD will consider agencies, individual freelancers, or a team of freelancers if you wish to apply as a group.
Timescales and key dates:
Invitation to quote closes: 5pm, Tuesday 10 October 2023
Online interviews held: w/c 16 October 2023
Successful applicants notified: no later than Friday 20 October 2023
Five Museums confirmed by Monday 20 November 2023
Work completed and published by: Monday 4 March 2024
Project budget and payment terms
WMMD welcomes quotes up to a maximum budget of £10,500 including all expenses and VAT.
Please note, as this is a freelance opportunity the successful applicant will be responsible for arranging their own National Insurance and tax.
This work is funded with public money through Arts Council England, so it is imperative that we follow ‘best value’ principles when appointing our consultancy partner.
Interested in applying?
To express interest in this project, please email your CV, quote and a cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm, Tuesday 10 October 2023
Please include at least one reference, or any testimonials, showreels or examples from similar projects you feel would support your application.
Any queries or things you would like to discuss beforehand?
WMMD are more than happy to discuss the project with you beforehand and answer any queries you may have.
Please contact Michelle Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a friendly, informal call.
> Apply Now