Environmental engagement volunteers help Compton Verney to re-connect audiences with everything the environment and nature at Compton Verney can provide through helping to prepare and host the engaging event programme. Working closely with the Environmental Science Producer, you will help share this knowledge through assisting with event delivery in the grounds to people of all ages. Full training will be provided, additional out of hours opportunities will be available.
• Providing a warm friendly welcome to everyone whilst helping to prepare and host an engaging and inclusive programme.
• Bringing events to life through helping everyone to get involved with the activity, enabling understanding and enjoyment of the event theme whilst providing wayfinding information.
• Support the grounds team in preparing the environment for events (specifically our forest school site)
• Preparing and checking materials for our Nature Explorer backpacks and our pond dipping area
• Keeping connected with the team by using radios effectively during events.
• Capturing and sharing digital content from the activity program and wildlife photography
• Having a wider knowledge of the site and helping promote when required.
• Following and helping to enforce our policies and procedures.
• Being flexible to completing a wide range of tasks and positively promoting Compton Verney.
Who the museum are looking for:
• Someone who is passionate about wildlife, the environment and nature and not afraid to get their hands dirty.
• A friendly, approachable and engaging person with good interpersonal skills, who enjoys talking to others about all things green.