Forest school volunteers help the museum to deliver an outdoor schools programme that is an integral part of the museum’s childrens offer at Compton Verney. Working with the learning team, volunteers will support in the preparation, hosting and take down of children’s sessions in the outdoor forest school area. Full training will be provided, DBS check and safeguarding may be required, alongside additional hours during busy term time period.
- Providing a warm friendly welcome to everyone, especially children of all ages and abilities.
- Help to prepare resources and support the organisation and hosting of this activity programme. Including set up and take down.
- Support hosting and take down for the forest school activity sessions, making sure this space is equipped and safe for everyone to learn and enjoy.
- Help to maintain this space generally, specifically around the supervision of the campfire area.
- Having a wider knowledge of the site and the learning opportunities, and helping promote when required.
- Following and helping to enforce our policies and procedures to everyone at all times.
- Being flexible to completing a wide range of tasks in all weather conditions.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone who is enthusiastic about learning, arts and the outdoors.
- A friendly, approachable and engaging person with good interpersonal skills, who enjoys engaging with children of all ages and abilities.
- An individual who has an understanding for school learning and protocol, and is keen to learn about this and Compton Verney’s history and collection that forms the basis of learning activities.
- A team player who is good at transferring information to a range of audiences, is creative and welcoming.