Learning Activity Volunteers assist in running the high quality informal learning activities across the sites. This includes setting up and packing away the informal learning spaces, engaging visitors with the activities on offer, providing visitors with information about current and future activities and events, and encouraging them to provide feedback.
Skills we are looking for:
• Experience of, or an interest in, working with children
• A desire to bring Shakespeare and his family homes to life for visitors
• Good people skills with the ability to talk confidently to both individuals and groups from different age groups, varying backgrounds and with a range of needs. If volunteers can do this in a second language, even better!
• Enthusiasm for delivering craft-based or practical learning activities
• Willingness to learn and share with visitors the points of interest at the Shakespeare family homes
• Willingness to undergo training in facilitation, working with families, customer service, access issues and health and safety as appropriate
• Ability to ensure health and safety guidelines are followed and be responsible for your own health and safety
• Volunteers may be asked to undertake a DBS check as part of this role