Royal Regiment of Fusiliers Museum (Royal Warwickshire), Warwick
The museum are seeking a volunteer to help front-of-house. The volunteer Museum Guide is at the heart of the museum on the first floor. They can make all the difference in ensuring an enjoyable and memorable visitor experience.
What you can expect from the museum:
- Invaluable general museum experience, ideal for a future career in the field
- Scope to develop good customer service skills
- The opportunity to learn how to research historical enquiries
- Induction and in-house training. Possible relevant external training
- Support from museum staff
- Basic travel expenses
What the role entails:
- Playing a front-of house role, welcoming visitors to the museum
- Helping answer enquiries from visitors
- Selling items from the shop and helping with the invigilation of the galleries
This role will suit people who:
- Are friendly and outgoing, with good communication skills
- Flexible and willing to develop new skills
- Have an interest in history, museums and the heritage sector
- Enjoys being part of a small friendly team
Hours of volunteering to be agreed, but usually half or a full day when required. The museum core days are Tuesday to Saturday.
Please contact the museum for an informal discussion or an application form.
To find out more contact Stephanie Bennett:-