Shuttle driver volunteers help Compton Verney to bring the site together and facilitate great experiences for everyone. Working primarily with the Visitor Experience and membership teams, you will help the museum to welcome everyone by driving visitors from the Welcome Centre to the main art gallery. Seeking a Saturday driver from 10am-5pm. Full training will be provided, additional out of hour opportunities will be available.
- Providing a warm friendly welcome, driving visitors to and from the Welcome centre well.
- Engage in conversation with visitors about the art gallery, any events happening and the wider site. Answering questions and providing wayfinding information to encourage people to visit all areas of the site.
- Assisting with welcoming visitors, queues and other Welcome centre tasks when not driving.
- Performing weekly vehicle checks and reporting any issues to Facilities and Operations.
- Regular check ins and radio usage to communicate with the rest of the team.
- Being able to respond quickly to visitor and staff needs across the site, being on hand and ready.
- Following and helping to enforce our policies and procedures.
- Being flexible to completing a wide range of tasks and positively promoting Compton Verney.
Who Compton Verney are looking for:
- Someone who has a full UK valid driving licence with no points or penalties and is a good driver.
- An individual who is enthusiastic about the arts, heritage and/or creativity.
- A friendly, approachable and engaging person with good interpersonal skills, who enjoys talking to others.