You’ll play a vital role in bringing the museum to life by offering a warm welcome to visitors from all over the World. You’ll be a visitor’s first port of call, helping them to engage with the museum in a relaxed and informative way. You could be supporting our fundraising efforts by promoting the gift aid option on entry fee or encouraging sales in our gift shop.
You’ll be part of a friendly and dedicated team of volunteers that offer a high standard of customer service throughout the year. Erasmus Darwin House is looking for committed and enthusiastic people with little or lots of time to spare, who can help us share the fascinating story of Erasmus Darwin to visitors of all ages. You’ll also get to take part in new experiences, improve your communication skills, grow in confidence and learn new things. There is also the opportunity to be involved in temporary projects.
- Interest in history
- Enjoy being part of a team
- Honesty and keen to learn/engage with the public
- Usual front of house shift times:
- Winter, Thursday – Monday: 11am – 1.30pm or 1.30pm – 4pm
- Summer, daily: 11am – 2pm or 2pm – 5pm
- All volunteers are expected to attend induction and refresher training sessions.
For more information please contact Marie Burbage:-
Tel: 01543 306260