Role Title: Volunteer Conservation Assistant
Reporting to: Curator & Head of Learning, Conservation Housekeeper
Accountable to: Curator & Head of Learning and Chief Executive.
Weston Park attracts around 25,000 visitors during the open season which includes families, children, coach parties and corporate groups. These visitors come see the 17th century House, Park & Gardens, Temple Wood, Adventure Playground, Granary Farm Shop, Art Gallery, Restaurant and other specific on-site events. The Weston Park Foundation which owns the property is a registered charity and conservation and learning are core purposes of it.
Volunteer Conservation Assistants are required to work alongside the Conservation Housekeeper to help with specific conservation projects along with general day-to-day collections management activities, usually within the House.
Purpose of Role:
- To assist with the conservation of Weston Park’s collections, to aid the charity in its role of preserving the outstanding indigenous items that make up the House’s contents in perpetuity
- Assisting with cleaning and conserving books
- Helping to maintain the various stores in an ordered and conservation-friendly way
- Liaising with the conservation Housekeeper on day-to-day projects
- Helping as part of a team with occasional projects relating to the collection
- Ability to undertake physical tasks including some manual handling
- A good communicator who is able to follow basis conservation training
- An interest and enthusiasm for conservation and preservation
- Health and safety aware
- Good standard of personal presentation in a House which welcomes public and clients
Days and Hours of duty:
Duties start at 9:00am or 10:00am between Tuesday and Thursday (inc.) Length of duties are negotiable with th> Apply Now