Role Title: Volunteer Education Assistant
Reporting to: Educating Kids Outdoors (EKO)
Accountable to: Curator & Head of Learning and Chief Executive
Purpose of Role:
Volunteer Education Assistants play a vital role in supporting the activities of the Learning Department at Weston Park. Around 7000 school children aged between 4 and 11 visit Weston every year to take part in indoor and outdoor curricular based activities delivered by Educating Kids Outdoors. Education Assistants are required to participate in day activities with school groups, working alongside Education Leaders.
Education Assistants are based within the activity rooms at Weston Park for indoor activities and are based around the Park and Gardens for outdoor activities.
- To help children with day activities alongside the Education Leader in both indoor and outdoor activities.
- To be proactive in approaching, welcoming and assisting children and teachers with the activities, responding calmly and professionally to any unexpected issues that may arise.
- To assist the Education Manager with any preparation work for making activities, such as cutting card and making sure enough material is available for activity rooms when school groups arrive.
- To be aware of, and adhere to, all health and safety guidance in place for the benefit of yourself and those around you.
- To provide information about Weston Park and the facilities available.
- To be clean and enthusiastic at all times, dressing appropriately for the particular activity
Skills and interests needed
- Good communication skills. Must be able work with children and adults effectively
- Excellent level of commitment and punctual for duty days
- Health and Safety aware.
- An interest in the educational activities that Weston Park has to offer
- Excellent level of commitment
- Be prepared to undergo an enhanced DBS check
- A background in teaching and/or education
- Good knowledge of History
Hours of involvement
School group activities run Monday to Friday both in term time and during holidays.
Requested hours of service:
We request a minimum of ten sessions per season. This can include help with schools, gardens, wildlife walks, conservation work, House duties and any administrative help (when requested).
Length of your commitment to us
The length of positions varies according to the circumstances of each person.
> Apply Now