Role Title: Volunteer Gardener – Walled Gardens
Reporting to: Head Gardener, Gardening Assistants
Accountable to: Head Gardener and Chief Executive
Weston Park attracts around 25,000 visitors during the open season between May and September which includes families, children, coach parties and corporate groups. These visitors come see the 17th century House, Park & Gardens, Temple Wood, Adventure Playground, Art Gallery, Granary Grill & Deli and other specific on-site events.
Volunteer Gardeners are required to work alongside the Head Gardener to help with specific major gardening development projects along with general maintenance of the park and gardens.
The team is currently keen to have assistance in the development of the walled garden, where vegetables and herbs are grown for use in the House and Brasserie Restaurant, and where they are looking to develop a new educational offer for school visits.
Purpose of Role:
- To assist with the development and maintenance of Weston Park’s gardens, ensuring outside areas are attractive and safe for the general public, guests and clients.
- Watering and potting plants
- Feeding containers
- Edging flower beds
- Raking Gravel paths
- Trimming hedges and deadheading plants
- Clearing weeds
- An interest in horticulture/gardening
- Health and safety aware
- Good sense of humour
Days and Hours of duty:
- Duties start at 8:00am or 10:00am between Monday to Friday.
Length of duties are negotiable with the Head> Apply Now