Working in partnership with Inclusive Boards, West Midlands Museum Development (WMMD) is offering West Midlands museums the opportunity to access professional support to learn, ask difficult questions, and plan actions that will help to create meaningful change.
Race and Ethnicity Training
Wednesday 28 October 10am-11.30am via Zoom
Join WMMD and Inclusive Boards for a short, interactive training session on Race and Ethnicity covering the following key topics;
- Understanding the difference between race and ethnicity
- Understanding terminology – for example white privilege, micro aggression
- How to be an active ally
- Asking difficult questions
- Exploring best practice from across sectors, including, quotas, targets and success measures
Developing an Equality Action Plan
Wednesday 18 and Wednesday 25 November 10am-11.30am via Zoom and 1-2-1 follow up support
An effective Equality Action Plan (EAP) can support equality, diversity and inclusion for workforce, audiences, programming and collections. This programme has been designed to support managers, Trustees and decisions makers to develop EAPs that will enable their museums to strategically implement changes to create more diverse and inclusive organisations.
Whether it is your first EAP or development of an existing plan, you will be supported to;
- Identify your own organisational challenges and priorities
- Set ambitious, measurable targets
- Refine and communicate plans to colleagues, stakeholders and audiences
- Understand how EAPs are effective through regular review
Inclusive Boards will provide expert feedback and guidance on your developing plan to ensure it is clear, ambitious and fit for purpose.
We have appointed Inclusive Boards to design and deliver this training and support. They are a highly experienced training agency who have worked with over 100 organisations at board level to support their equality, diversity and inclusion strategic planning and development of equality, diversity and inclusion action planning.
Please note successful applicants must participate in both training sessions and follow up support.