Volunteers Celebration Campaign
Thousands of volunteers support museums across the West Midlands in diverse long-term and one-off roles, including leadership, operations, curatorial, front of house, learning, events, marketing and administration.
The West Midlands Museum Development programme (WMMD) is seeking a freelance individual, agency, or team to;
- Create two short social media promotional films (maximum 90 seconds each);
- thanking volunteers for their support
- celebrating and promoting the contribution, diversity and benefits of volunteering in West Midlands museums
- signposting people interested in volunteering to the WMMD Volunteers Portal
- Design a Volunteer Recruitment Marketing Toolkit that provides guidance to support individual museums to reach and attract new volunteers via online and physical spaces
WMMD welcomes applications for the full brief or part of it.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Monday 14 June
Volunteer Development Programme 2021
This project has arisen due to the dual challenges of a longer-term shifting volunteering workforce in the heritage sector, and the particular strains of the last 12 months due to the pandemic.
These issues are not localised to a certain nation or region but are replicated across all areas as shown by national trends. Therefore, for the first time several museum development areas in England and also Wales have come together to form a programme consortium to collaborate on a development programme to ensure maximum reach.
The programme aim is to support participating museums to review their volunteering strategy and explore new ways to embed sustainable volunteer development practice tailored to individual organisational needs.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 11 June