West Midlands Museum Development is pleased to announce its new grant scheme is now open.
The Recovery Grant is part of the West Midlands Museum Development Programme (WMMD), funded by Arts Council England (ACE) with additional funding from Art Fund.
For some museums recovery is about planning to reopen but for others it is about seeking new ways of engagement or looking at an alternative business model whilst remaining closed until next season. The Recovery Grants aim to provide support for both. Whether it is reopening or remaining closed applicants are required to ensure approaches address equality and accessibility.
Museums can apply for £500 to £10,000. The £60k fund will be split equally over two grant panels.
The deadline for the first panel is 5pm, Friday 28 August 2020. The deadline for the second panel is 5pm, Friday 9 October 2020.
- The Recovery Grant will support Accredited museums or those formally Working Towards Accreditation in the West Midlands that were ineligible for ACE’s Emergency Response Fund, Historic England or National Lottery Heritage Fund’s (NLHF) Heritage Emergency Fund
- Museums that have been unsuccessful in applying for the ACE, Historic England and NLHF funds may apply
- Museums that were successful for WMMD Emergency Funding are eligible to apply
- National Portfolio Organisations and National museums are not eligible to apply
- We will prioritise applications from museums located in areas of low cultural engagement, where the museum is the main cultural offer in a locality, and/or where museums that have niche collections outside the larger city institutions.
- Your application will be presented to the first available grant panel after its receipt
- You may only apply once
- We encourage applicants to carefully consider the value of their grant requested in order to support as many museums as possible
- We strongly recommend that you discuss your application with your Museum Development Officer before you submit it