Develop skills, knowledge and insight to develop a new and more effective fundraising approach. This workshop (the second of two) will provide a comprehensive introduction to major sources of funds for museums, galleries, archives, arts and cultural agencies: trusts and foundations and companies. Running from 9.30am – 5pm at Lapworth Museum of Geology, University of Birmingham B15 2TT, the day will be divided in half with the time until lunchtime devoted to trusts – a £4 billion market in the UK. The second half of the day will focus on the £750 million corporate market. Each of these requires different approaches and different skills from a fundraiser.
The materials and models are drawn from The Management Centre’s (=mc) extensive experience in the heritage, arts, culture, museum and archive sectors.
- Identify the key trusts and companies who might offer support
- Drafting standout proposals for trusts and foundations
- Creating a targeted ‘Good Problem’ for a foundation
- Tactics to approach companies – and pitfalls to avoid
- Identifying key corporate motivators and matching them
After attending the session participants will:
- Understand the differences between trusts and companies in fundraising
- Be able to engage regional and national foundations effectively
- Be able to engage local and national companies effectively
- Be confident in written communication with trusts and companies
The workshop will be presented by Jules Bellingham, Senior Partner Consultant at =mc and Deputy Director of the National Arts Fundraising School. She originally came from a commercial background and was then Deputy Director for Fundraising at Action for Children. She’s highly experienced at fundraising, specialising in foundations, sponsorship and communications. Jules coaches fundraisers in presentation, communication and influencing skills. Jules is also a Trustee of Moor Pool Heritage Trust, Birmingham.
This event is for Accredited Museums and those officially Working Towards Accreditation. Please book by 3 September.
Lunch and refreshments are included at this free event.