Museums for Climate Justice (part of the Museums Association website)
- Museum Essentials course Taking Action on Climate Justice from Museums Association gives you a thorough understanding of the issues around climate justice, it helps you to think about opportunities where you can make an impact. The course will cover understanding the climate crisis and how the cultural sector has responded to it; how to raise awareness and create engaging programming around the subject; how to become a champion for change and connect with communities; how to make change happen and embedding the change.
The course is available to MA individual members.
- Carbon Literacy Training The Carbon Literacy course will give you an understanding of what climate change is, the scale of its effects, and how museums fit into the global, national and local picture to address climate change. You become Carbon Literate by making an individual pledge, and an organisational pledge to take back to your museum, of what you can do, and is in your power to achieve, to make a significant difference to your carbon impact.
- The Charity Finance Group has published a guide ‘Charities and the path to net zero’ which covers many different aspects of net zero, making it suitable for all types of charities and voluntary organisations.
- Museums taking Action – A selection of case studies showing how museums across the UK are taking action to address the climate crisis can be found on the Museum Association website. Access the case studies.
- Together with other heritage organisations, the National Trust is creating a range of guidance for the owners and managers of historic and beautiful places. The Climate Change Adaptation Guidance is available for any person or organisation looking after such places to help them build resilience against climate change and how to take decisions in the face of climate hazards.
Each section includes summary information about different asset types and activity associated with historic estates and landscapes, and provides hazard, impact and options tables for potential climate threats and how and when to respond to these. The sections of each part of the guidance, divided into asset categories, also provide case studies and detail on options and thresholds for change to how and when adaptation measures may be implemented, along with advice on permissions and consents required where statutory obligations apply.