The West Midlands Museum Development programme (WMMD) is seeking a freelance individual, agency, or team to provide financial advice for museums in the West Midlands as part of a new ‘Concerned About Closure’ support strand.
The invitation to quote has been developed using ‘Working with Freelancers – A guide to help museums recruit, brief and work with freelancers’, produced by the Museum Freelance Network’s cofounder Christina Lister for SHARE Museums East.
‘Concerned About Closure’ aims to:
- Provide a formal mechanism for museums in the West Midlands to flag that they believe they are facing permanent closure
- Enable museums to access professional expertise to help them establish whether they are at risk of closure
WMMD is looking for a candidate* who will provide support as follows:
- Before launch
- Review existing plans with WMMD, to recommend any potential amendments and help shape the programme before public launch
- Throughout project
- Lead confidential surgeries with museums, using conversation template, to establish the museum’s financial standing and potential next steps
- Liaise with WMMD to accurately record surgeries in a written report, which WMMD will then forward to museums
- After the project
- Provide feedback to WMMD to help inform potential changes to the project/key successes or challenges
*WMMD will consider applications from agencies, individual freelancers, or a team of freelancers if you wish to apply as a group.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all activity is currently being delivered online and over the phone. As such, WMMD will consider applicants based across the UK.
If you’re interested in applying or learning more, please read the full details.> Apply Now